Insects can be a nuisance in any home. They can damage plants, carry diseases, and just be generally unpleasant to have around. To combat this problem, many people turn to chemical insecticides. However, there is a more natural and less toxic alternative: boric acid.
The nice thing about boric acid is that it is the fire retardant agent added to all-borate cellulose insulation.
Boric acid is added to the cellulose as a fire-retardant. But, there is another additive some manufacturers use for fire-retardancy, ammonium sulfate.
To my knowledge, these are the only two (separate) “additives” used in cellulose insulation:
- Ammonium Sulfate
- Boric Acid
Either one qualifies the cellulose insulation as a Class 1, A Fire Retardant material. By the way, Class 1, A is the highest fire retardant rating in the building code!
Why We Only Install All-Borate Cellulose Insulation in Our Attics
This is why Bird Family Insulation only chooses all-borate cellulose insulation to install in our attics! Although it is cheaper for us to buy, we do not install cellulose insulation that is treated with ammonium sulfate. The obvious consequence is that bugs die in your attic!
Do you want to SAFELY turn your attic into the Dead Sea? There is only one way to do that: install all-borate cellulose insulation. The obvious consequence is that bugs die in your attic!
Three Wonderful Benefits of Boric Acid!
- Boric acid is a naturally occurring substance that is relatively inexpensive and has low toxicity to humans and pets. It is a desiccant, which means it dries out the exoskeletons of insects, killing them. This makes it an effective solution for a wide range of insects, including roaches, ants, and silverfish.
- One of the main advantages of boric acid over chemical insecticides is its longevity. It continues to be effective as long as it remains in place, so you don’t have to reapply it as often. Additionally, boric acid does not easily break down in the environment and does not leave a visible residue, making it a more eco-friendly option.
- Another benefit of using boric acid is that many insects do not develop a resistance to it. This means that it will continue to be effective over a longer period of time compared to many chemical insecticides. This is particularly useful for those who have a chronic insect problem and are looking for a long-term solution.
More Benefits of Boric Acid in your Cellulose Insulation!
In conclusion, boric acid is a natural and effective alternative to chemical insecticides. It is relatively inexpensive, long-lasting, and does not leave a visible residue. Additionally, many insects do not develop a resistance to it, making it a viable long-term solution for controlling insect populations. If you’re looking for a more natural way to control insects in your attic, consider giving All-Borate Cellulose Insulation a try.
Insulate Your Attic, and Kill the Bugs at the Same Time!
You have two options for getting this wonderful bug-killing service in your attic:
- Our Bump-Up Service. Our SILVER level service. We perform a few standard attic preps, and install your All-Borate Cellulose Insulation over the top of your existing attic insulation. This takes about two-four hours for our crew to complete, and an average estimate is $4450, which includes an insulated attic stair tent and all attic prep. Final R-Value is usually R-50, which satisfies the ENERGY STAR standard of R-49 for Atlanta and north Georgia.
- Our Attic Makeover Service. Our GOLD level service. We completely remove the old attic insulation, fog the attic with DSV sanitizer, air-seal the attic floor using Pestblock sealant, fully prep the attic, and install your fresh, All-Borate Cellulose Insulation. Our Makeover service generally requires two days to complete, and an average estimate is $7400, which includes an insulated attic stair tent. Final R-Value is usually R-50, which satisfies the ENERGY STAR standard of R-49. For those homeowners who suffer from past or present attic infestations, our MAKEOVER service is the solution!
Receive an Instant Estimate, Online, Right Now!
Ready for an estimate for your attic? You don’t have to wait! Get it Now! Simply go to www.Birdinsulation.com and click the BIG BLUE BUTTON, “Get A Quote”. Use my instant, online calculators for an instant estimate. And get ready to be WOWED with your experience at Bird Family Insulation. God Bless You! Thanks for reading.