Bonus Room Insulation
COMBINING COMFORT & EFFICIENCY FOR YOUR FAMILY
Bonus Room Insulation Atlanta
Is the room above your garage too hot or too cold?
THEN IT IS TIME TO INSULATE YOUR BONUS ROOM!
Our insulation company gets countless phone calls and emails from clients who have uncomfortable, drafty and inefficient bonus rooms. Often these rooms are not given the attention they need from home builders, and homeowners are the ones who suffer.
Here is how our Atlanta insulation experts have helped folks with these bonus room blues.
Usually, this is all it takes to get these rooms dramatically more comfortable year around:
- Insulate the garage ceiling by drilling holes in the ceiling and pumping the joist cavities full of cellulose insulation. Afterwards, the holes are plugged, and left unfinished, ready for you to finish and paint.
- Sidewalls (knee walls) are thoroughly insulated. In some cases we are required to cut (and frame) scuttle holes in the walls when there is no access behind them. While behind the knee walls, we seal the floor system joist cavities.
- Ceiling space is super-insulated to R-49 minimum. In some homes, we remove old, non-performing fiberglass batts from cathedral cavities and replace with dense-packed cellulose (a 100% thermal performance improvement).
- We work on your HVAC ducts, if needed. We properly size and add appropriate supply and return vents.
The HVAC was originally sized for the main house, without the bonus room capacity. Therefore when a supply vent was added to provide heated and cooled air to this space, the source was taken from an existing line. An existing HVAC duct is spliced, like a “sucker” growing on a tomato plant, to supply conditioned air to the bonus room.
If the homeowner purchased the house with the bonus room unfinished, this room may not be insulated. The garage ceiling passes the trapped heat right through the bonus room floor. This room is like an island perched on stilts, surrounded by a hostile, unwanted environment.
Even in brand new houses, often the insulation is installed lying on the garage ceiling, NOT in continuous, full contact with the subfloor overhead. An R-19 batt is 6″ thick. Joists and floor systems are taller, leaving a huge air channel for lateral air movement to negatively influence your overhead floor. Add an eave and soffit vent on each end of the joist run, and no wonder the room is miserably uncomfortable.
2022 Average Invoice for
Bonus Room Insulation – $4,300
As with all our projects at Bird Family Insulation, the quality of work our insulation company is guaranteed.
“Nate and his crew did a great job and were very helpful throughout the process. They took great care to ensure our belongings were protected throughout the process and they did an awesome job of cleaning any mess up from the drill and fill. I’d definitely recommend Bird insulation.” -Derrick
Get an Instant Insulation Quote
Our easy to use calculators will help you get an estimate in minutes.
Contact Us Today!
For a virtual appointment
Contact Us Today
Our Simple, 4-Step Process
Here's What to Expect
We know your time is valuable so we made our quote process as easy and convenient as possible!
It goes like this:
- You complete your EZ online estimate
- Receive a follow-up call from Savannah or Dan.
- Schedule a site visit to evaluate your home, make adjustments to your estimate, and convert your estimate into a “Bird Family Promise” (your Quote).
- Schedule your project with a 20% Down Payment.
- Your crew arrives on the scheduled date, and we go to work for you!
Learn more about our process by clicking here.