We understand that! We’re passionate about being thorough and making sure that you know exactly what you need, why you need it, and how it is going to be done.
You can trust the work done by us because we truly are not comfortable, until you are. We wanted to share our most recent and popular comfort upgrade with you, which is cellulose! Here are just a few benefits of Cellulose insulation:
Here are just a few of the major benefits of cellulose insulation:
- Cellulose is non-carcinogenic (notice the OSHA warning on fiberglass insulation. There are NO OSHA warnings on Cellulose).
- Higher R-value per inch than fiberglass – as much as 38%.
- Exponentially slower “burn-time” in structure fires, providing precious additional minutes for escape. You will benefit with a home that may be more resistant to the spread of fire, versus the same home that is insulated with fiberglass! Our Applegate cellulose carries a Lifetime Warranty: The Class 1-A Fire Retardant rating is guaranteed for the lifetime of your structure!
- Lifetime R-Value! The R-Value of your Applegate Bora-Spray Cellulose insulation is Guaranteed for the lifetime of your structure!
The R-Value of an insulating material is its ability to resist heat flow. A higher R-Value means more insulation and your energy dollars go further!
This is our service that we call a RERE. This is our most common service that we provide!
It is a 3-Phase makeover :
Phase 1: Remove Insulation
- Vacuum existing insulation from all accessible attic areas.
- Powerful 75 HP vacuums (3 units). Insulation captured DUST-FREE in huge cloth vac bags, located in trailers parked outside. Disposed in landfill.
- Accessible fiberglass batts removed by hand, tied in large plastic bags. Disposed in landfill.
- For lots of debris, please add a small charge for “hand-cleaning” the insulation before it is vacuumed.
- For infestations, we can remove wood decking for a thorough clean-up. We add a small charge for this added work, based on size, and if the deck is to be reinstalled.
Phase 2: Sanitize & Attic Prep
- Thorough application of scented sanitizing solution throughout attic space. Neutralizes & eliminates animal pherones, nasty smells, etc.
- Install Rulers & Baffles as needed.
- Using Pestblock expanding foam, we seal all accessible wire & pipe penetrations, gaps, voids, and top plates in the attic floor.
- We seal around bath exhaust fans, and electrical junction boxes (attached to ceiling fans and light fixtures, and AC/Heat ceiling vents).
- Using Rockwool, we wrap any HOT FLUE PIPES to protect your insulation from contacting these hot surfaces. (Req’d by law).
- Install a 6’ length of flexible duct on any unvented exhaust fan.
- Using Reflectix, (foil-faced bubble wrap) we seal chases and by-passes in your ceiling.
- Using Reflectix and Rockwool, we build a retaining wall for exterior chimneys.
- Install a protective Fire-retardant TOPHAT on each of your recessed light fixtures. $30 each, added to invoice.
- Install your Attic Card.
Phase 3: Install your Applegate Bora-Spray Cellulose Insulation
- Install a comprehensive coverage throughout your attic areas.
- R-40 = 12”
- R-50 = 15”
- Blow-out (clean) the condensation pan of any AC units in the attic.
- If plywood decking is in your attic:
- Backfill & dense-pack insulation underneath the wood, for a comprehensive thermal barrier in your attic.
- Blow the plywood decking clean of insulation.
- If needed, we install your insulated, zippered deluxe Attic Stair COZY.
The photos above are examples of some of the things included in the 3 phase makeover. The photo on the left is ‘air-sealing’ this is stopping all uncontrolled airflow from the attic! The photo on the right is the attic stair cozy that we install. This is an optional service but is DELUXE. It is a thermal barrier and is air sealed around the edges to ensure, again, no uncontrolled airflow. No worries, there is a heavy-duty zipper for whenever you need access into your attic!
Cellulose upgrades are the most popular service that we provide. We wanted this information to inform you about all there is to know about it. Below, are a series of photos of cellulose upgrades as well as reviews from clients who chose this insulation upgrade route!